Thanks for visiting our blog. We have now moved onto another class and our teacher Mrs Boyd is now at Nelson Central School (you can view their new class blog here).
Please feel free to browse through the ARCHIVES of our blog or look below for our FAVOURITE posts!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Pacific Inspired Artwork


Last week on Wednesday we were meant to have sport but it RAINED!

So instead we did some Pacific inspired artwork with Miss Trayes using crayon & dye.

We had to remember all we had learnt about repeating patterns last year and think of lots of great ideas to put on our pages.


Tait has written a great recount of how they made them:

Shapes Gone Wild - By Tait

First I had to think about what I was going to do.

Then I had to draw my picture in pencil.

Next I went over the lines in crayon. I chose black, blue and green.

Last I dyed mine. I dyed it violet.



Have a look at how some of them turned out. They are BEAUTIFUL!